Thursday, November 25, 2004

Lesson learnt

The second day of camp was plainly breakfast, wetNwild, debrief then home. Some of the councillors stayed back to clean up most of the stuff, then had lunch together at Magic Wok in Whitesands. I went home and lost conscious soon after. Haha. The next day was food testing again; another freeloading. Another comical scene occured at the staff's pantry where Kumar, me, Nat and QD formed a human chain and took cold drinks from the fridge. It seemed endless as there were 2 other teachers in the pantry too; imagine passing 18 cans of drink individually at that time. Well, then came the 8 hour long meeting. It was definitely the longest meeting in my entire life, where it seemed like a rollercoaster ride. There were many pointers to note as the formal meeting with our TAs ended at around 3.30pm. After which, a half hour break was given and then we had our own thrashing session. It was then where emotions were let loose, spilled, controlled and fluctuated. We seriously had a problem, and I believe all who were present settled it. It was defintely a memorable experience and I'm sure our council will be more bonded now. It's simply interesting to see how each individual has grown to be such mature adults. I'm very proud to say that I'm in council and that all 17 of them are my team members. Though 18 people constitutes a very small council, but these people have worked hard and they have obviously changed for the better and deserve a position in the council. I accompanied Liane, Fei and Kha to Magic Wok again for dinner where we just talk and talk and talk. Another day has gone and I'm in school early in the morning just right outside the squash court. I felt that this particular session has really improved my skills, but I still have alot to learn. I then sat in for sargas and zosma OH meetings. Then, Nat, Fei and me went to Pasir Ris to wait for Kumar and Liane. We then went to Ritz Carlton, where we met up with Kur, Mar, Shus, Zhen, Jay, QD and Ms Yong. The ballroom was the grandest thing that I've ever been to in my whole life. After that, they went to splurge on chocolates and went to Long John for dinner. We chit-chatted for almost 2 hours; it was damn cool. After that, Kumar and I dashed for the MRT as it was getting real late. I alighted at Hougang and went to Keith's house for his bbq. I was freaking late, and I just talk cork with yixin, eng and teckteng. We celebrated Charlene's birthday and threw her into the swimming pool, with Keith as well. After slacking awhile more, we all decided to go home. yixin, teckteng and me waited for 88, then teckteng and me waited for 27 (which never came). After waiting like idiots for 1 hour, we took 88 again to Pasir Ris interchange. Teckteng then blanja taxi and offered to send me to Tampines interchange. One stop closer; right. I spent the next half an hour walking home, and it was 1.30am when I reached home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home