Sunday, September 11, 2005

the mark

so here i am again, making my 100th post on such a remarkable day... and would be entering the slaughterhouse tomorrow . imagine chionging onto the battlefield with absolutely zero preparation and one has been slacking and eating too much, no need for elaboration i guess huh? i'm worried yet not worried... wahahahaha, oxymoron. physical scars haven't heal, internal sickness still prevail, mentally unprepared, a heart in turmoil; what better condition to take an examination? and quite a significant post this is... as usual, i have slacked the entire day of 1 day before an actual major examination starts. if only i could visit east coast, that would be good. but hey, that's so wrong, because i have been slacking for most of my holidays. there's no tinge of regret unless i don't make the mark, which i probably won't. oh well, its super interesting how the stars coincide tomorrow, just be mystified how the events fall in place unanimously. heheh. may the heavens be so kind as to bestow luck and light upon thy path!

recollecting on the past 2 years, it really bedazzles me how quickly time fries, oopz, i mean flies. stepping into mjc for my 1st 3 months, meeting cool people from my OG Alhena 3 and 04S101. the crazy stuff my ex-funky class used to do, especially the trip to laselle sia. woot! kena scolded thereafter by mrs crossley, but a twist of fate left me talking to her again, this time, however, on a personal level discussing school stuff. 2nd orientation saw me as sargas 2 games ic, working with qingde and wanling in bedok PTSB race, whom both later became my heads in council. met more new people in squash as the monfortians dominated and we clicked. after that, i rejected posts in CG (04S102), squash and house comm to run for council elections, and had slacked my way into victory. lol. the day i got into council, so many unfamiliar faces and together, we first went up close with ms lai. what followed after was an immediate series of relentless hardwork, be it appreciated or not. but i swallowed my pride and took it the hard way, always looking like i did nothing. =) anyway, investure was a comical reflection of how naive we were as we faced off CTC and LTC with countless scoldings. i even spent my holidays doing scout work, facilitating cub scouts in a training camp. not forgetting to enjoy, had a chalet with my classmates too! the next major event which followed was National Day, unfortunately, i went to Korea to take part in my first ever scout jamboree! give and take, i forsaked the bonds which were link during that council event for the extreme fun in a once in a lifetime experience overseas (first time, and without parents!) my studies took a turn too, as i struggled to stay alive coming home physically battered after squash, mentally tired after council; day by day i was never to enjoy a single moment of peace. stretching my limits, my social contacts were cut off as i almost died trying to complete tutorials and work. then, i actually worked for promos, but only on my maths, and reaped rewards with my disgusting result slip of A, A, AO. grrr! if only i could erase that O! hahaha.. but still, i managed to fight for my S paper and proved my ability to take it. then came prom night, and it was one hell of a stunning affair! heheh! it was just so so cool, as my relation with kumar improved. after that fateful night, the council then took up 1st orientation, which tormented our holidays. missing lessons was a norm, as there were various events for us to attend to now and then. as our numbers were further reduced, the load that SA comm had not only didn't spare us, but also rub salt in our wound to add to our misery. theorathically, i wasn't doing much in first O, but in actual fact i was all over the place. i will NEVER forget those 5 days in my life, where my emotions and personality partook a major change. many problems arised as my results took a plunge down, hurt by the least ideal situation of giving up venturing, lost my place in the squash team, thrashings by council talks, scorned by friends so on and so forth. then, 2nd O passed with lesser stress than in Orientation 1, but the clash with block test sucked. had been in regulus and vega, like an all-rounder, with each of the four houses giving me different special feelings. then things seemed to turn for the better, squash tournament was over and its 1 down! no more scouts involvement: 2 down. fast forwarding to the 3rd council elections, the news stars are arising. a new found joy in jamming: "we got older but we're still young, we never grew out of this feeling that we won't give up" and walah! council's over, so there's only studies plus s paper left to concentrate on. picked up guitar, indulged in anime and accelerated on biking, to sort of make up for my devoid of entertainment previously. also, i regained social contact as i continued to go out with different groups of friends. didn't do much and was unprepared for midyears, hence the screwy results. then it was obvious that the final lap has come, and effort was put in to maintain a constant pace. however, up till now i have slacked and tomorrow would mark the beginning of the end of my jc life. how wonderful eh? so all the best to everyone, and that was the wish i made! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home